Monday, May 30, 2016

Ethan 9 months - Rose 2.5 years

Dear Rose and Baby Ethan,

I’m sorry it’s been so long since I gave you an update! Life is definitely busy with the two of you.  I love you both so much.  You are so precious to me.  I am so blessed to have a lovely family with your hard working Papa.  Papa and I have been working on organizing and playing Monopoly lately.

Rose
Rose, you are talking up a storm these days.  You can still get frustrated and whine a bit when you can’t explain what you want.  But you can tell us the kind of foods you want, if something is hurting, and how you are feeling most of the time.  You have been so sweet to your little brother.  I know sharing is hard for you, but you do give him attention and have started calling him your Ethan.  We opened up our pool a few weeks ago.  You have enjoyed sitting on the ladder and kicking around. I hope you can get over any water issues you might have and enjoy swimming as the water gets warmer!

You are working on potty training.  We follow your lead.  When you ask to go potty, we take you.  You just moved into the “Fox” room at St. Luke’s a couple of weeks ago.  They try to go potty every hour.  The schedule has worked well getting you interested.  You also would love to start wearing your “Dora” underwear.

You had so much fun playing the piano when we were in Houston a few weeks ago.  Your Ummichi had bought Aunt Daisy a small keyboard in the 90s that still works.  You had fun playing with that this weekend.  We also  bought a play kitchen from my friend Sara recently.  You have so much fun making coffee, cooking spaghetti, and making other food for everyone.

Personality
You are a very sweet and sometimes serious little girl.  Your Papa helps keep things lightened up.  You love going to run errands with Papa.  You want to do everything yourself now.  I try to be patient with you.  You like to cuddle and get hugs.  You are so curious about what is happening around you.  You love to ask us what things are, and what we are doing.  Your Papa does a great job telling you what he is going.  He put together a little plant house you got from Menard's yesterday.

Food
You have gotten a bit more picky lately.  You do not eat your Ummichi’s buttery chicken.  You love yogurt, naan, pita, hummus, spaghetti, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets.



Ethan
I can’t believe you are almost 9 months old! You still do not sleep through the night.  You had been waking up around 10 and 2.  Now, I try to feed you before I go to bed.  Then you wake up again.  For example, the last few nights I fed you at 10 or 11, and you woke up again around 4 or 5.
You had tubes put in on May 13th.  There has not been a dramatic difference.  But, I do hope this avoids some antibiotic use

You do have intermittent asthma.  We have tried several rounds of budesonide (an oral steroid).  Sometimes it helps.  But, for the  last week we have been doing it twice a day.  It has helped some.  But, you still have quite a bit of congestion and coughing.  I believe you also have seasonal allergies.  We give you Zyrtec at night now most often.  The Allergist Dr. Shakir says we can stop that if it doesn’t help.  I do think it helps cut down on the clear drainage

Development
You have definitely been slower to develop than Rose and Anna.  But, you definitely get there eventually.  You are sitting up very well now.  We try to keep a pillow or blanket around you because you still fall backwards sometimes though.  You can turn when on your tummy, and scoot backwards.  No forward progress yet though.  You still need to figure out how to pull your legs under you.  You are getting stronger though.  You started to do “plank” this weekend.  You can pick up small blocks with one or both hands.  You just started enjoying the jungle bouncer.  You do not bounce as much as Rose and Anna, but you enjoy turning around and bouncing a bit. You may like it more as you get taller.

Eating
You take your time, but you do like to eat.  We do puree 3 – 4 times a day. If you do not like something we can usually just mix it with something else and you will eat it.  We still do bottles several times a day too.  You have a very strong gag reflex, so I am not sure when we will transition to finger food.  I let you have fun playing with puree over the weekend.  I didn’t see you trying to feed yourself at all.  I know you will get there eventually though.

Personality

I cannot believe what a smiley and sweet boy you are.  You have a little tooth coming in on the bottom in the middle.  You have not been extra fussy at all.  The only times you get a bit fussy are when you are hungry or need a nap.  I am amazed at how smiley you have always been, even when you had ear infections all of the time.  Doctors would ask if you were extra fussy, and I had to say NO.  But you still had an ear infection ;(.  I pray those issues are resolved now that you have tubes though.

Dear Jesus, please heal our baby Ethan's remaining breathing issues.  We are so thankful that Rose has been so healthy, and has only been dealing with a bit of allergy drainage.  Please be with them both, and help them to be wonderful people that make it into heaven.  Please help me to be patient and a loving wife and mother.  Thank you for all of the blessings in my life.



Love!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment